Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New things I am finding out

  As I have been going through my weight loss journey, I am finding out new things all over the place. Today for example, going up and down some stairs I didnt need the handrail to steady myself. Never worried about falling or needing to use my arms to pull myself up the steps. My stamina is getting better and better. I have noticed how much easier it is to go longer and longer on the bike or elliptical machines. My strength is building back to where it was years ago. You never realize how much you take for granted when you are not heavy, then after you lose those things and never have them, you learn to appreciate the small things like stairs and just ease of movement in general. I am now down a total of 180 pounds, my current short term is to be at or above 200 pounds lost for my one year anniversary on Feb 5th.
  I am close to this goal. If you want to follow along with me find my facebook.com/mboruff1 or my google+ account of mboruff1, twitter you guessed it mboruff1 is the user name. I am also on Instagram with the same user name as all of the above. I have been posting my progress on all of these sites.
  Lets see if we can get Gamma Labs to sponsor me, lol. I have started using their products nearly everyday, PTF just before a workout and G Fuel to keep me going towards the end of my shift to get me home. Their product has been a big help in keeping me motivated in the gym. Quest Nutrition is another company that I would like to give a BIG shout out to. Since my surgery I have had a major craving for Peanut Butter chocolate cups, but Reese's brand would nearly kill me. Well at least I would wish it would have. Quest has a PB cup that is gluten free and only 2g of Sugar with 20g of protein that is killer. They also have a great list of awesome tasting bars, some I love. Cinnamon Roll tastes like Cinna Bon parked a big roll right in front of me, Raspberry cheesecake flavor also rocks. Okay, maybe thats a good Christmas idea for me, get me Gamma and Quest products. Its just a slight joke, I would really appreciate it.
  I did see something in the gym the other day that kind of irritated me. I was at the School Fitness center and there was a larger girl working out. She was new to working out, you could tell by her form and her uneasiness around the equipment. She had a determination that she was going to make herself better. Then one of the younger, more metabolically blessed students, started to quietly heckle her and I could hear what he was saying. If you know me, you know I did not be quiet to this kid, but kept it out of her earshot. I told the kid that she had to learn how to eat properly, become disciplined about training and have a determination to succeed, and that every journey starts somewhere. Making fun of someone who is making the effort to better themselves, physically, educationally deserves the respect of those around them. It doesnt matter how she got to be as big as she was, all that matters is she is making the effort to change her life. He asked me how would I know what she is going through I wasn't fat. That line took a minute to settle in on what he said, but I quickly gave him my abbreviated story. After he thought about what he had been doing, he apologized and left the gym. I did not want this girl to hear what was going on, I want her to succeed, and not become self conscious and not come back. Then the kids words hit, I wasn't what he considered fat anymore. Wow, how does that slide by without it registering and now to process that I am not the largest person in the room anymore. And that is where I am going to leave this for now, it still hasnt sunk in all the way, I am winning my battle against fat and unhealthy choices. And it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment