Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Busy Holiday Life

  As some of you know I work for the largest online retailer in the world. During the holidays, I sleep less, eat less, work more and generally get into a worse mood the closer Christmas gets. The last few years have been rough around the holidays, but after I had my surgery and have lost the weight that I have, I vowed this year would be different. I still am not sleeping much, so my attitude has been affected a little bit. I am a little quicker to get angry. Yet I am also realizing this much faster and thinking, for the most part, what I should say rather than just blurting it out. Now with that being said, I am finding that not being as exhausted as I used to get last year a major plus. Not carrying around the weight, basically another person, I am not wearing out as fast. I am still finding time to hit the gym, even in this week leading up to Christmas. I guess I could fill you in on why its so busy for me.
  This week I am working 12 hour nights, driving one hour each way to and from work, putting in at least a 45 minute or more workout and sleeping a few hours a day. I have not seen my wife other than me crawling into bed and her getting up for her day, since Sunday at church. This is a yearly right of passage for us, it seems that its more of a trial though. This year has been much more intense work wise due to Thanksgiving being a week later than usual, and only having three weeks between holidays. Work is feeding us every Wed. which is usually pretty cool, until they have something I have to avoid. My boss is generally pretty good at letting me know what we are having before hand so I can give him what I can have or bring my own thing. When it comes to that, Subway seems to be my best and only choice. I do the best I can to avoid fast food as much as possible. The last few nights have been very intense work wise around me and my shift partner, our job has been relatively simple, fix what breaks. The rest of the building is "Making Christmas Happen for Millions". We are shipping out record numbers, bringing in record numbers and have record numbers of people in the building.
  With all this you might think how does anyone not go insane during this time? Seriously have you met me? Just kidding. It is about finding that little joy in your day and focusing on that and waiting on the next one for tomorrow. Mine happens to be hitting the gym everyday. It lets me focus on me, and let the rest of the stuff melt away. Nothing else matters,  plug in my ear buds and commence to building my body into the shape I want. The stronger I get the more I want to be in the gym. While this is going on, I am relying more on supplements to help me through the day. Gamma Labs G Fuel is a must for when the shift is getting late, their PTF (Pre Training Formula) is awesome just before a workout, Syntrax Nectar protein drinks keeps my protein levels up as required from the surgery. I have gone back to the Flintstone vitamins instead of the Celebrate drink paks, and protein bars as snacks. Still need the wife to give me the B12 shot for the month. Planning your days out and food out for the day is a big key to success. I am still losing weight, even though my current diet is mainly flatbread sandwiches from Subway, oh with Sriacha sauce. I have recently become addicted to that stuff.
  Ok I am going to get off of here and try to keep myself going for the next couple of days and get to Christmas in one piece. Have a great Christmas if I don't see you before hand or write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment