Sunday, June 9, 2013

Finding Energy

  After my last post, I have since lost more weight go figure. Down to 348. My energy level is skyrocketing, although when I am at work in the middle of the day I get really tired for about 30 minutes. Doc said not to worry at my appointment last week. I hardly sleep because I would rather be in the gym, golfing, walking, anything but waiting around to fall asleep. I get about 5 hours tops a night. I still enjoying watching some TV now and then, but with summer being here.... I want to go to the beach at Mississenewa or France Park, or play as much golf as my body can handle. Last summer before surgery, Skyler and I went to France Park swimming. He is one of my best friends even though he is my son. I enjoy going to movies with him, grabbing a quick bite to eat hanging out with him when I can. Sadly, like all dad's he now has a full time job and a girlfriend, so I see him very little now. He is 18 after all. It's just strange that now I have all this energy and could really use someone to go and do things with, like Sky, he is gone. It does not help that I have a very unusual schedule compared to most. I work Sun-Wed Days until next week then to nights, 10 hour days, an hour away. Yes, I literally spend 12 hours away from home for work each day.  My adult friends for the most part do not share the same interests as I do, so I am pretty much on my own(at least it feels that way) when I want to go do things.
  A year ago, I struggled with having no energy whatsoever after work. Now, I hit the gym every night after work, shh I even got Shelley to go, I know shocker right? I spend at least an hour strength training and 25 - 30 minutes doing cardio. Strange thing is I have more energy when I leave the gym then when I went in. I need to find things to occupy my time besides golf and weight training all the time, just to save from boredom and burnout. Sitting and playing video games doesn't cut it anymore, neither does playing more than one game of cards. I feel electric and want to experience everything anew again. No one seems to understand this at the moment.
  I have a possibility to travel for work coming up and can't wait, I have the energy for the work coming up. It may mean missing my son's open house for his graduation, but he is cool with it, he knows how much I have wanted to do this kind of project at work. You want to know the energy level I feel, you know that song that comes on and you can't help but get revved up by it? The one that when it starts you get the tickle at the base of your skull and it buzzes all the way through to your eyes. Take that and amplify it by 10, but you are talking about someone who had very little energy before. Even my work is showing the increased energy, my ticket count is higher than anyone else and higher than it has been in a long time. I work in one of the busiest buildings in the network, and luckily for me I get a lot of walking in since the building is as big as it is, over a million square feet.
  I wish most of you could understand the feelings I get when I sit down in a booth at a restaurant and fit, or the movie theaters without having to raise one chair arm up. The feeling when you can finally bend over and tie your shoe without being out of breath when you come back up. The thrill of buckling your seatbelt without the need of an extender or feeling like you are about to be strangled by a python. When things that used to be difficult are noticeably easier. It's those thrills and the increase in energy that make me want to experience everything again. I feel like a kid, just not quite running yet, hahahaha.
Later all

No comments:

Post a Comment